ARCHIVE‎ > ‎archive 2015‎ > ‎Football Match Reports‎ > ‎

Championship Rd 2

posted 20 Aug 2011, 13:49 by Unknown user   [ updated 22 Aug 2011, 15:44 by Denis Tuohy Agricultural Consultant ]
Kilmurry-Ibrickane  1-14     Kilrush  0-7

    Kilmurry Ibrickane cruised to a ten-point win over Kilrush in Doonbeg last Saturday. Without having to unduly extend themselves, Kilmurry qualified for the quarter-final before their third group game against Wolfe Tones, who are also through.

Kilrush are left to fight it out with Kilmihil to decide who finishes third and fourth. The latter will have to endure a relegation semi-final. 
Kilrush were competitive until the third minute of first half injury time, when Johnny Daly palmed a Paul O’Connor pass to Tony Burke’s net. The move started at the far end of the pitch with a Shane Hickey line ball and the goal helped Kilmurry into a 1-8 to 0-4 interval lead and virtually assured Kilmurry a comfortable win, with half an hour left to play. 
Kilrush adopted a defensive strategy for much of the opening half inviting Kilmurry on to them. Peter O’Dwyer set the tone though after just 15 seconds when he fisted the winners first score, while Daly, Enda Coughlan and Noel Downes added to their tally. 
Darragh Bolton scored Kilrush’s first point in the 14th minute, while Peadar McMahon scored their remaining first half points and all of their second half scores. Just before half-time Kilrush lost wing-back Con O’Brien to a knee injury, while they replaced veteran midfielder Martin Griffin with Padjoe McGrath at half time. 
Kilmurry scored the first three points of the second half to seal any semblance of hope for Kilrush who were without Paddy Clancy, recently emigrated to Germany. 
Kilmurry lined out without Stephen Maloney and Declan Callinan both of whom are injured. 
Kilmurry know that they will surely have to play with much more intensity from the quarter-final onwards but they didn’t need to dig very deep last Saturday. 
Kilrush will surely try to lift themselves for their final group game when they play Kilmihil in what is a relegation quarter-final. 

Kilmurry Ibrickane: Peter O’Dwyer; Shane Hickey, Darren Hickey, Martin McMahon; Evan Talty, Enda Coughlan, Seamus Lynch; Paul O’Connor, Peter O’Dwyer (captain); Mark McCarthy, Michael O’Dwyer, Ian McInerney; Niall Hickey, Noel Downes, Johnny Daly. 
Subs: Seamus Murrihy for Ian McInerney, Michael Hogan for Johnny Daly, Keith King for Mark McCarthy. 
Scorers: Johnny Daly (1-5, 0-4f), Peter O’Dwyer (0-3); Ian McInerney (0-3, 0-2f); Enda Coughlan, Noel Downes, Michael O’Dwyer (0-1 each). 

Kilrush: Tony Burke; Niall Clancy, Ger O’Brien, Seamus Bolton; Con O’Brien, John Hayes, Matthew Moloney; Donal O’Sullivan (captain), Martin Griffin; Darragh Bolton, Cathal Lyons, Jim Young; Peadar McMahon, Eoin Tarrant, Ruaraí O’Connor. 
Subs: Niall Gilbride for Con O’Brien (injured), Padjo McGrath for Martin Griffin, James Hehir for Ger O’Brien, Danny Lynch for Donal O’Sullivan, Alan Daly for Cathal Lyons. 
Scorers: Peadar McMahon (0-6, 0-5f), Darragh Bolton (0-1). 

Referee: Michael McGann (Michael Cusack’s).

                                                                                             Doonbeg  3-7   Ennistymon  1-9

Although they scored just a single point during the first 20 minutes of the second half, Doonbeg picked up both points in Quilty last Saturday evening. They now sit top of the group on four points, while Ennistymon, Cooraclare and Liscannor are on two apiece.

Ennistymon were competitive but never seriously threatened winning a game that was played on a top class surface in Quilty. 
Missing Joe Blake and David Downes due to injury, Doonbeg centre-back Paraic Aherne went to Australia earlier this week, which will further test the depth of the champion’s panel. 
Seán McConigley’s eighth minute goal, following a Joe Dowling delivery, suggested that Ennistymon might put it up to the Magpies. To an extent they did but a Frank O’Dea goal two minutes later, thanks to a David Tubridy layoff and a Colm Dillon goal ten minutes before the interval, helped Doonbeg to a 2-5 to 1-4 half time lead. 
Michael Hoey was initially detailed to mark Tubridy but Laurence Healy was switched on to the Doonbeg forward inside ten minutes. 
An Aherne run from centre back placed Tubridy for Doonbeg’s first score of the second half two minutes in. The next 20 minutes were largely uneventful but Ennistymon did score two points from Brian Conway and Joe Dowling, without reply.  This left Doonbeg just 2-6 to 1-6 up and a sense that Ennistymon might lift it. Ten minutes from time though David Tubridy guided the ball beyond David McInerney to net Doonbeg’s third goal and that nailed down the result. 
Conway twice and Willie Murphy put over three late Ennistymon points and Tubridy pointed the games final score, after Paul Dillon nearly goaled. 
In what was their first competitive game since losing the Cusack Cup final, Doonbeg won without having to overly tax themselves. Their next game against Liscannor could be more intense given that last year’s beaten finalists must win to remain in the championship. 
Paraic Aherne, Colm Dillon, Enda Doyle and David Tubridy played well for the winners while Joe Dowling, Seán O’Driscoll and Micheál O’Loughlin did their best for Ennistymon. 
They play Lissycasey in their third game with both needing a win. 

Doonbeg: Nigel Dillon; Richie Vaughan, Padraig Gallagher, Conor Whelan; Brian Dillon, Paraic Aherne, Shane O’Brien; Colm Dillon, Enda Doyle; Shane Ryan, Shane Killeen, Frank O’Dea; Paul Dillon, Kevin Nugent (C ), David Tubridy. 
Subs: Eamon Tubridy for Kevin Nugent (injured), Conor Downes for Eamon Tubridy. 
Scorers: David Tubridy 1-6 (0-2F), Colm Dillon 1-1, Frank O’Dea 1-0. 

Ennistymon: David McInerney; Michael Devitt, Laurence Healy, Michael Hoey; Willie Murphy, Micheál O’Loughlin, Oisín Vaughan; Ronan Linnane, Seán O’Driscoll; Kevin Scales, Joe Dowling, Robert McDonagh; Seán McConigley, Brian Conway, Joey Rouine. 

Subs: Cathal Malone for Ronan Linnane, Michael McDonagh for Kevin Scales, Brian McDonagh for Robert McDonagh, Michael Houlihan for Joey Rouine. 
Scorers: Brian Conway 0-4, (0-3f, 0-1 line ball), Seán McConigley 1-1, Joe Dowling 0-2, (0-1f), Robert McDonagh, Willie Murphy 0-1 each. 

Referee: Rory Hickey (Éire Óg).                                                                

Liscannor  1-9   Lissycasey  1-8
    In what was the most keenly contested tie of round two of the senior championship, Liscannor picked up an invaluable win. The result means their destiny is largely in their own hands. If Liscannor beat Doonbeg on the weekend of September 3 they could qualify, although if Ennistymon defeat Lissycasey, three teams would be tied on four points. Scoring difference would then apply.

Lissycasey must now overcome Ennistymon and hope that Doonbeg beat Liscannor to have a chance of escaping the group. Having lost their opening games, Liscannor and Lissycasey needed to win last Saturday in Quilty equally as badly. 
The hour of football featured some excellent points, a soft Lissycasey goal, good free taking and talk of whether Brian Considine should have been sent off on a double yellow card. 
Deploying Alan Flaherty and Johnny Considine, both of whom have considerable presence, in the full-forward line, Liscannor went the direct route from the off. 
Come the eighth minute they had kicked three points without reply, with both notching a point from play, while Flaherty was fouled for Alan Clohessy’s pointed free. 
Over the subsequent 22 minutes Lissycasey outscored their opponents 0-5 to 0-2, leaving the teams tied 0-5 apiece at half time. 
Enda Finnucane and Niall Kelly put over two frees each, while Paul Nagle, with a superb point, notched Lissycasey’s other point. 
Liscannor’s Michael Foley, linking with Brian and Kieran Considine, scored the point of the half, having come forward from the back, while Clohessy added another pointed free. 
Alan Flaherty placed Gerry Considine to put Liscannor a point up (0-6 to 0-5) in the first minute of the second half. 
Lissycasey were given a mammoth if unexpected boost in the sixth minute when a Michael Melican kick swirled in the air, wrong footed Noel Kilmartin in the Liscannor goal and dropped into the net. 
Successive points from Kelly and Paul Nagle stretched Lissycasey’s advantage, 1-7 to 0-6 and this remained the situation until 15 minutes from time. 
Liscannor needed a goal if they were to stay in the championship and Alan Clohessy stepped up. Johnny Considine caught the ball and laid it off to Clohessy who fired home, surrounded by Lissycasey defenders, the game’s defining score. 
Two minutes later Niall Kelly replied from a Lissycasey free but that score, 13 minutes from time, was their last. 
Clohessy pointed two frees, with Kieran Considine pointing the third from a dead ball, to secure a critical win for their side. 
Clohessy’s winning free two minutes from the end of normal time, was kicked from 40 yards. 
Lissycasey felt aggrieved that Brian Considine hadn’t been sent off 16 minutes into the second half following a tackle on Derek McMahon. Having been yellow carded in the opening half, Considine was ticked by referee Michael Talty. 
Yet they will also acknowledge that their team did relinquish a four point second half lead on a day when both sides gave it everything. 
Such was the tension in the closing minutes, Lissycasey goalkeeper Joe Hayes emerged 45 yards from goals in an effort to drive his club forward. At this stage a pushing and shoving match also developed in front of the stand. 
The Liscannor full-back line was solid, while Alan Clohessy kicked game winning scores in attack, where Alan Flaherty and Johnny Considine excelled in their target men roles in the full-forward line. They were involved in a least 1-5 of Liscannor’s total. 
A young, emerging Lissycasey team had good displays from Paul Nagle, Martin O’Connor and Enda Finnucane. 

Liscannor: Noel Kilmartin; Dara Blake, David McDonagh, Michael Foley; Shane Canavan, Ronan Slattery, Denis Murphy; Brian Considine, Niall Considine; Joe Considine, Alan Clohessy, Gerry Considine; Kieran Considine, Alan Flaherty, Johnny Considine. 
Subs: Robert Lucas for Joe Considine, Paul Guerin for Johnny Considine. 
Scorers: Alan Clohessy 1-4, (0-3f), Johnny Considine, Alan Flaherty, Michael Foley, Gerry Considine, Kieran Considine (f) 0-1 each. 
Lissycasey: Joe Hayes; Martin O’Connor, Gerry Moran, Alan Nagle; Cathal Hill, Michael Melican, Cyril Sheehan; Enda Finnucane, Danny Clohessy; Paul Nagle, Francie Hayes, Fergal Talty; Derek McMahon, Niall Kelly, Matthew O’Shea. 
Subs: Martin Moran for Cyril Sheehan, Cathal Doohan for Fergal Talty, Dermot Nagle for Danny Clohessy. 
Scorers: Niall Kelly 0-4, (0-3f), Michael Melican 1-0, Paul Nagle 0-2, Enda Finnucane 0-2f.

                                                                                          Wolfe Tones  1-8    Kilmihil  0-7
    A blistering start when playing against a strong wind, which yielded the game’s only goal in the third minute, laid the foundations for Wolfe Tones’ merited victory over Kilmihil in their round two tie played at Lissycasey on Saturday.

While Kilmihil battled back to be on level terms at half-time, they were always fighting an uphill battle and any chance they might have had of getting something from the game disappeared when they were reduced to 14 men eight minutes from time when Mark O’Connell picked up his second yellow card and had to leave the action.
Having lost their opening-round game to Kilmurry-Ibrickane, Kilmihil knew going into Saturday’s game that anything other than a win would put them out of the title race. They could hardly have asked for a worse start than to concede a goal as early as the third minute and from here on they were always struggling. Wolfe Tones dominated the early exchanges and Darren Ryan’s goal came at the end of a good movement, which involved Stephen McInerney and Stephen Monaghan on a day when the Shannon club lined out without the suspended Gary Leahy.
Daniel Gallery had the game’s opening point in the eighth minute and a further four minutes elapsed before Kilmihil opened their account with a point from David Ryan, who had moved to full-forward at this stage of the game. Declan Downes (free) and Ryan with his second had the margin down to the minimum coming up to the 20th minute. The sides then swapped points twice before Declan Downes converted his second free of the day to leave the teams on level terms at the break, 0-6 to 1-3.
They both made changes for the second half, with Philip Ryan coming in for Kilmihil, while minor Alan Cunningham was in the Wolfe Tones attack. Within a minute Kilmihil were in the lead for the first and only time as Declan Downes pointed a free but this was to prove to be their only score of the half. Chris Dunning levelled for the winners in the fifth minute and six minutes later, Stephen Monaghan kicked them into the lead before adding a second at the mid-point of the half.
As both sides fought hard for the upper hand, there were some heavy tackles put in and this resulted in match official John Hannon producing some yellow cards. A Daniel Gallery 45 put his team three clear before Kilmihil’s Mark O’Connell picked up a second yellow card leading to his dismissal and this was a blow from which Kilmihil never recovered.
It was fitting that, a minute from the end, the man who had opened the scoring in the third minute of the game should secure the final score when he kicked a point to seal victory for the Shannon side and a place in the quarter finals.
Sean Brennan, Stephen McInerney, Brendan Hughes, Patsy Keyes, Chris Dunning and Daniel Gallery got through a lot of good work for the Shannon club. For a disappointing Kilmihil, Mark O’Connell, David and Timmy Ryan and Paul Reidy had their moments.

Wolfe Tones:
 Jason Casey; Stephen Carroll, Sean Brennan, Bobby O’Connell; Craig O’Brien, Brendan Hughes, Stephen McInerney; Patsy Keyes, Joe McGauley; Daniel Gallery, Chris Dunning, Kevin Corbett; Stephen Monaghan, Darren Ryan, Colm McCaul.
Sub: Aaron Cunningham for Corbett (inj, half-time)
Scorers: Darren Ryan (1-1), Chris Dunning, Daniel Gallery (1f) Stephen Monaghan (0-2 each), Patsy Keyes (0-1)

 Keith Considine; Derek O’Connell, Laurence Murray, Anthony Downes; Stan Lineen, Mark O’Connell, Eamonn Ryan; David Ryan, Timmy Ryan; Noel Downes, Enda O’Halloran, Paul Reidy; Shane Egan, Shane Mangan, Declan Downes.
Subs: Martin O’Leary for Mangan (inj, 17 minutes), Philip Ryan for N Downes (half time). 
Scorers: Declan Downes (0-3f); David Ryan (0-2), Enda O’Halloran, Mark O’Connell (0-1 each).

Referee: John Hannon, Michael ­Cusack’s.                                                                             

                                                                                            Shannon Gaels  0-9   St Joseph's  0-6
    As Miltown headed to the dressing room at half-time at Kilmihil on Sunday, their followers were, understandably, confident about the outcome.Miltown had just played against a stiff breeze and had managed to match their opponents on the scoreboard. With the assistance of the strong wind to come, the odds were very much in their favour.
Knowing defeat would almost certainly put them out of the championship, the Gaels returned in a more determined mood and three unanswered points in the opening seven minutes put down a marker.Then they were dealt a huge blow when experienced midfielder Noel Kennedy was shown a straight red card following a tackle on Enda O’Gorman. Again, the advantage seemed to be with Miltown, who now had an extra man as well as wind advantage but despite their numerical disadvantage, Shannon Gaels refused to let go of the grip they had just taken on the tie and they went on to record a merited victory.It was a much different story in the opening half as Miltown dictated the play. They took the lead when Joe Curtin pointed in the fourth minute but two frees by Michael Coughlan had the winners in front before Eoin Curtin levelled for Miltown in the 10th minute. Two further pointed frees by Coughlan had the Gaels in front again but, despite having the aid of the wind, they never looked like scoring from play in the first half. Miltown dominated the closing stages and two points from Eoin Curtin frees tied up the game at 0-4 each at the halfway point.

For the second half, both made changes, with the Gaels bringing in Brian O’Shea for Cathal O’Neill, while Miltown introduced Gary Egan for Joe Curtin. From the resumption, there was much more urgency in the Gaels’ play and they quickly went in front with points from John Bermingham, Michael Coughlan (free) and John Paul O’Neill.
A minute later they were down to 14 men when Noel Kennedy saw red following a tackle on Enda O’Gorman. Despite this setback, they held their grip on the tie and stretched their advantage to five points with further scores from Coughlan (free) and John Paul O’Neill.
The second half was 27 minutes old when Miltown finally added to their first-half tally. Dessie Mollohan, who had a very quiet afternoon, pointed and Sean Malone added another soon afterwards but, by now, the Gaels were firmly in control and held on for a merited win. John Neylon was outstanding at full-back for the winners and others to make contributions on the day were Michael O’Donoghue, Sean Reynolds, Frank and Tomas Cleary and Fergal Kenny.
Enda Malone, Graham Kelly, and Eoin Curtin were best for a disappointing Miltown outfit, who were kept in the dressing room for quite some time after the game.

Shannon Gaels:
 Keith Ryan; Frank Cleary, John Neylon, Fergal Kenny; Tomas Madigan, Brian Bermingham, Tomás Cleary; Michael O’Donoghue, Noel Kennedy; Cathal O’Neill, Sean Reynolds, John Bermingham; Michael Coughlan, John Paul O’Neill, David Neylon.
Subs: Brian O’Shea for C O’Neill (half-time), Pádraig Neylon for D Neylon (52 minutes), Brian Cunningham for Coughlan (56 minutes), Nigel Hehir for P Neylon (inj, 59 minutes), Shane Tubridy for Madigan (59 minutes).
Scorers: Michael Coughlan (0-6f); John Paul O’Neill (0-2); John Bermingham (0-1)

Miltown St Joseph’s:
 Niall Quinn; David Cleary, Graham Kelly, Enda Malone; Darragh McDonagh, Sean Meade, Enda O’Gorman; Micheal Malone, Michael Barry; Kevin Keavey, John Meade, Sean Malone; Joe Curtin, Dessie Mollohan, Eoin Curtin.
Subs: Gary Egan for J Curtin (half-time), Michael Hehir for Keavey (53 minutes), Ger Malone for Mollohan (59 minutes), Joe Curtin for Barry (59 minutes).
Scorers: Eoin Curtin (0-3, 2f); Sean Malone, Joe Curtin, Dessie Mollohan (0-1 each).

Referee: Tom Stackpool, Ennistymon

                                                                        Clondegad    3-10   O’Currys      1-7
    Clondegad moved closer to a place in the semi-finals of the intermediate football championship when they overcame the challenge of O’Curry’s at Doonbeg on Sunday.
While their victory was merited, a nine-point margin didn’t appear likely as the game moved inside the last 10 minutes. With nine minutes remaining, the sides were deadlocked at 1-7 each but the Ballynacally based outfit scored 2-3 in the remaining time.
There was disappointment for the winners, however, as they lost Brian Carrigg with a serious shoulder injury that may rule him out for the rest of the season. Carrig had just recently returned from Australia.
In a match which made history by being the first intermediate championship fixture to be broadcast live on Radio Corca Baiscinn, O’Curry’s had marginally the better of the first half exchanges and, helped by a goal from Damian Carmody, they led at the break, 1-4 to 0-4.
The winners had the opening two points from Paudge McMahon and Gary Brennan before Damian Carmody opened his side’s account. Another Paudge McMahon point followed before a Damian Carmody eluded everybody on the way to the net to give the West Clare outfit the lead. Paudge McMahon levelled before Clondegad enjoyed a good spell but failed to turn their dominance into scores.
Michael Foran extended O’Curry’s lead at the start of the second half before a Francie Neylon goal brought Clondegad back into contention and they levelled with a point from substitute Pat Coffey.
Ger Quinlan pointed to put O’Curry’s back in front midway through the half and at this stage Clondegad moved Gary Brennan outfield from full forward and this was to have a vital bearing on the game.
Eoin Troy pointed to put his side two points clear but like scores from Kieran Browne and Paudge McMahon had the sides level before Gary Brennan put Clondegad into the lead.
The Brennan brothers, Shane and Gary combined for Garry to find the net before a move involving Paddy O’Connell and Gary Brennan ended with a Paudge McMahon goal. Eoin Griffin completed the scoring for Clondegad with a point.

Clondegad: Declan O’Loughlin; Flan Enright, Paddy O’Connell, Cormac Ryan; Brian Murphy, Ciaran Browne, Francie Nealon; Cormac Murphy, Shane Brennan; Eoin Griffin, Brian Carrigg, Kenneth Kelly; Paudge McMahon, Gary Brennan, Francie O’Reilly;
Subs: Pat Coffey for Carrigg (inj 12 mins); James Murphy for K Kelly; Eoin Donlon for J Murphy.
O’Curry’s: PJ Greene; Gearóid Lynch, Ollie Quinlan, Paul Roche; Brian Troy, Michael O’Shea, Tom Downes; Ger Quinlan, Derek Troy; Damian Carmody, Sean Haugh, Michael Foran; Michael Carmody, Eoin Troy, Francis Kelly.
Subs: Declan Walsh for Foran (inj) J Downes for M Carmody.

                                                                    Kilmurry-Ibrickane   0-10     Kildysart      0-7

    Kilmurry-Ibrickane are through to the semi-finals of the intermediate football championship following this victory over Kildysart at Cooraclare on Sunday.
A very strong final quarter proved decisive for the Quilty based outfit as they came from being three points in arrears to win by the same margin.
Things got a little heated towards the end and it resulted in a mentor from each side being put outside the enclosure.
With Ger Kelly their main scorer, Kildysart had the better of the first half exchanges and they led by double scores, 0-6 to 0-3, at the break.
Early in the second half, Kilmurry got a grip on proceedings in a number of areas. Substitute John Talty did well at midfield and this led to a good supply of ball where another veteran, Odran O’Dwyer, was causing a lot of problems for Kildysart.
Slowly but surely they closed the gap before edging in front and pulling away for their second win of the campaign, which has put them through to the semi-finals leaving Kildysart and O’Callaghan’s Mills to battle it our for the second qualifying spot from this group.

 David Talty; Eamonn Dunne, John Sexton, John McNamara; Mark Moloney, Gary Donnellan, Pat Sexton; Vinny Talty, Thomas O’Connor; Adrian Murrihy, Thomas Greene, Colm Donnellan; Aidan Moloney Jnr, Odran O’Dwyer, Senan McCarthy.
Sub: John Talty for McCarthy.
Kildysart: John Murtagh; Kieran Ayers, Shane McNeilis, John Guinnane; Brian Ayers, Keith O’Connor, Michael Eustace; Brian O’Sullivan, Neil O’Connor; John Clancy, Christy Clancy, Niall Guinnane; Ger Kelly, Kieran Murphy, Kevin Kelly.
Subs: Damian Hill for Eustace (inj) Eoin Cleary for K Kelly; Damian Murtagh for N Guinnane.

                                                                    O’Callaghan’s Mills    1-16    Kilfenora      0-5

O’Callaghan’s Mills are back in the hunt for the intermediate football championship following a comprehensive 14-point win over Kilfenora in Gurteen last weekend. 
The Mills lost their first game heavily to Kilmurry Ibrickane, while Kilfenora were also well beaten by Kildysart last June. 
Now the Mills face a crucial game against Kildysart on the weekend of September 3 to decide who will join Kilmurry in the intermediate semi-final from this group. 
O’Callaghan’s Mills led 1-7 to 0-1 at half time with Brian Donnellan netting their goal. The game was over at that stage for the 2010 junior champions. 
The Mills continued to dominate most of the second half adding nine points to their total while Kilfenora at least added four to their tally. 

O’Callaghan’s Mills: 
Enda McNamara; Gary Neville, Niall Donovan, Gerry Cooney; John Lyons, Declan Donovan, Pat Donnellan; Conor Cooney Snr, Conor Cooney junior; Fergus Donovan, Brian Donnellan, James Murphy; Eoin Pewter, Noel Nash, James Hook. 
Subs: Padraig Hickey for Eoin Pewter, Billy Donovan for Noel Nash, Seán O’Connor for Gerry Cooney, Flan McMahon for Declan Donovan, Eoin Kelly for Conor Cooney. 
Scorers: Brian Donnellan (1-6), Eoin Pewter, Noel Nash, Fergus Donovan (0-2 each), Conor Cooney, James Murphy, James Hook, Eoin Kelly (0-1 each). 
Kilfenora: Liam Keane; Shane Long, Diarmuid Nagle, MJ Malone; Paudie Ireland, Cathal Nagle, Paul Reddan; Pat Connole, Jonathon O’Gorman; Jason Connole, James Keane, Kevin Theasby; Austin Kelly, Aidan Malone, Killian Malone. 
Subs: Liam O’Brien for Paul Reddan, Daniel Egan for Killian Malone, James Brody for Kevin Theasby. 
Scorers: Aidan Malone, Killian Malone, James Brody, Jonathon O’Gorman, Jason Connole (0-1 each). 
Referee: Jim Hickey (Cratloe). 

                                                                            Corofin    2-3      Ballyvaughan      0-5 
First half goals from Darren Malone and Damien Ryan helped Corofin to a 2-1 to 0-3 half time lead in this intermediate championship second round group game played in Carron. 
Both teams were well beaten in their opening games last June so had to win to remain in contention for a play off place, while the loser knew that the spectre of relegation will loom.
Corofin play O’Curry’s next with the winners set to join Clondegad in the semi-final, while Ballyvaughan face a huge task in taking on Clondegad. 

 Kieran Carkill; Ollie O’Louglin, Brendan Keane, Brian McGahan; Damien Malone, Eamon Malone, Diarmuid Daly; John Keane, Luke O’Loughlin; Stephen Heagney, Darragh Shannon, Fergal Neylon; Darren Malone, Damien Ryan, Jason Tierney. 
Subs: Manus Malone for Brian McGahan, Pat Golden for Fergal Neylon, Killian Neylon for Stephen Heagney. 
Ballyvaughan: Damien McNamara; Mark O’Loughlin, Seán McNamara, John Linnane; Mark Walsh, Kieran Casey, Phelim Coyne; John McCormack, James Hynes; Cillian Malone, Cian Walsh, Lorcan Mahon; Adrian Niland, Donnach Mahon, Kevin Carrucan. 
Subs: Tomás Francis for Donnacha Mahon, Ray Casey for Kevin Carrucan. 
Referee: Tom Stackpoole (Ennistymon).